Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Natasha's Fruit Salad

Once upon a time, there was a bunny named Natasha.  Natasha liked to play tennis, read books, and make fruit salads.  Her favorite fruit salad was made from bananas, apples, and cucumbers.  One afternoon she was eating one of her fruit salads when her friend Lena the Wolf sat next to her.  "Natasha, what is that salad you are eating?  It looks very tasty!"  

"Yes," said Natasha, "it is a very tasty fruit salad made from bananas, apples, and cucumbers."  Natasha shared some of the fruit salad with her wolf friend.  "Wow, it's the best fruit salad ever!" exclaimed Lena, "You should take part in tomorrow's fruit salad competition.  I think you would win the $2.48 prize money!"  Natasha agreed that it would be a great idea.

The next day Natasha entered the fruit salad competition.  She took some bananas, apples, and cucumbers, put them in a bowl, and presented it to the judges.  "It's called the Banana, Apple, Cucumber Salad and it is the best," said Natasha.

"Wow!  This is a wonderful fruit salad," said Maksym the Fox.  Stas the Snail and Veronika the Turtle also tasted the salad and agreed.  But just when they were about to award Natasha with 1st place, Stas the Snail realized something.  "Wait a minute...cucumbers are vegetables, not fruits!  We cannot give you the prize because this is not a fruit salad!"  The animals in the forest were very shocked by this scandal!  Natasha's boyfriend broke up with her.  And the happy apple trees refused to dance with her.

Natasha was walking around the forest and noticed that none of her forest friends wanted to talk to her.  Finally, Natasha approached Lena the Wolf and said, "Lena, what is wrong?"  Lena was weeping.  "You...you are a terrible bunny, Natasha.  And that makes me feel very sad."

"Please," Natasha begged, "don't think such things.  It was an honest mistake.  I didn't realize cucumbers weren't a fruit.  I'm just a young bunny.  I never took a subject in school about fruits and vegetables."

"Really?" asked Lena.  She began to feel a little better.
"It is the truth," replied Natasha.  "Lena, I know what will make you happy again.  I made a fruit salad from pineapples, raspberries, and corn."  
Lena the Wolf tasted the salad and said, "Оh!  This is a very tasty salad.  How did you come up with such an idea?  Tell me the story."

"Well, once upon a time I was hungry.  So I found some pineapples and cut them into pieces.  And then I realized they would be very tasty with raspberries.  So I took some raspberries from a bush, cleaned them with water, and put them in the bowl.  Finally, I added some corn because I thought it would make the fruit salad very special.  So that is the story."

"It's the best story ever about fruit salads!  I have an idea, Natasha.  You should take part in tomorrow's "Stories about fruit salads" competition.  I think you would win the 4 dollar prize money!"  Natasha agreed that it would be a great idea.
NO MÁS

No comments:

Post a Comment