Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Greatest Story in the World About Olya the Butterfly

Once upon a time, there was a lovely butterfly named Olya.  Her hobbies included painting pictures and drinking apple juice.  But most importantly, she loved writing stories about lovely butterflies named Olya.  She also liked drinking vodka on her birthday. 

One day Olya the Butterfly was flying in the field when she was caught in a butterfly net. She was very scared. The man was very excited to catch such a beautiful butterfly. He wanted to put her behind glass and hang her on his wall. "Please, please. I want to live and be free. Please let me go!" begged Olya. 
The man replied, "But you have such colorful wings! You would be a perfect decoration for my living room." 
Olya started to cry and this made the man feel very guilty. 
"Well," said the man, "Do you have any interesting talents?" 
Olya said, "Oh yes! I write stories about butterflies named Olya. She is a very kind butterfly who spends time in Kyiv with her friends. And she's an excellent dancer." 
The man was very impressed. "I want you to write me a story about Olya the Butterfly. If it's the greatest story in the world, I will let you go free." 
Olya said, "Okay. I need some paper and a pencil."  
For the rest of the afternoon, Olya the Butterfly began writing the story.  She also drew some pictures because stories are always more pleasant when they include drawings.  The sun began to set and the stars started to appear in the sky.  Olya was finished with her story. 
"I'm ready to tell you the story. It's called 'The Greatest Story in the World About Olya the Butterfly.'" 
The man sat in a chair and listened to Olya tell the story. After some time passed, she finished the story. The man began to have tears in his eyes.  He said, "That story was so beautiful.  It was certainly the greatest story ever written.  I loved the part of the story about the dancing frogs.  And when you went on the Titanic and fell in love with another butterfly but then he died when the ship sank.  But what did I love most about the story?  I loved when you sang the theme to the Brady Bunch with your other butterfly friends." 
Olya the Butterfly was very confused. "What are you talking about?  There were no dancing frogs.  I didn't write anything about Titanic.  And there was no singing involved!  None of this was in my story." 
The man answered, "Oh, it wasn't? Well, that's okay. It was still the best story ever." He gave Olya the Butterfly a big hug and set her free. 

THIS STORY KINDA SUCKED

No comments:

Post a Comment