Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Foolish Butterfly

Once upon a time there was a Honey Bee.  Her name was Anya and she lived in a flower.  One afternoon Honey Bee Anya was flying in the garden when she met a caterpillar friend.  Her name was Marta. Anya thought Marta would make the best roommate ever, so she invited her to move in.  It was the tops. They would watch TV together, dance, play epic games of Madden 12 on their Playstation 3, eat borshch, and make prank phone calls after doing shots of tequila.  But one day Marta left, never to return.  This made Anya the Honey Bee sad.  Seconds turned to minutes, minutes turned to hours, and hours turned to days.  One afternoon Anya the Honey Bee looked out the window and saw the most beautiful butterfly ever.

"Hello, Anya! Do you remember me?" asked the butterfly.
 Anya was perplexed. "No, of course I don't remember you. I have never met a butterfly before."
 This made the butterfly feel rather silly.  "Oh, geez. I guess I must have mistaken you for somebody else."
Anya said, "Yeah, well that's quite obvious. You are a very foolish butterfly."
"Huh? What do you mean I'm a foolish butterfly?" exclaimed Marta.
"Marta??? Oh my God! I hear your voice! Where are you? Did the butterfly eat you???"
Anya the Honey Bunny opened Marta's mouth and yelled, "Hellooooooo????  Marta, are you in there?"
"No, silly! I AM Marta. I turned into a butterfly!"
"WTF??? Now you're talking like a crazy person.  Seriously, Marta, where are you?"  Anya the Honey Bee looked up at a tree and looked down at the grass.  "Marta, this isn't funny!  Stop joking around!"

"You obviously didn't attend your biology class when you were a school bee, so I will explain," said Marta.  "See, caterpillars metamorphosize into butterflies in the spring time. I WAS the caterpillar and now I'm a butterfly."
"Ha, whatever. That's like saying you were born a shark and now you're an eagle.  You are crazy pants," sneered Anya.
"Anya, I've got a great idea.  Let's do shots of tequila and make prank phone calls to strangers. It will be the best!"
"Oh my God! You won't believe this, but making prank calls was my favorite activity with Marta!  She was sooooo awesome.  And so are you! Hey, I have an idea.  Do you need a home?  I would be happy to share my flower with you."
"Oh, thank you so much! I would love to return to my home. You know, the home you and I shared before I became a butterfly."
"Huh?  Well, anyways, what did you say your name is? I'm looking forward to our friendship! It will be the best."
Marta rolled her eyes and sighed. And then Marta and Anya made tacos for dinner.

THAT'S HOW THIS STORY ENDS

No comments:

Post a Comment